Whether you’re making these pom monsters with your kids OR taking a crafty moment to yourself, these fluffy, bright babies are sure to bring you a creative moment of joy!
Each kit includes a collection of curated colors in a variety of beautiful yarns, two sizes of cotton cord for arms & legs, googly eyes, felt squares for accessorizing, sparkly gold twine, & two wooden Pom Pom makers.
Each kit is intended to make one XL Pom monster or 2-3 small Pom monsters. But we hope you let your creativity thrive!
**hot glue gun NOT included
Collection of curated yarn colors in 6-10 yards per color
1 ounce of roving yarn
80 inches of cotton cord (2 sizes)
12 googly eyes (varied sizes)
2 wooden Pom Pom makers
Selection of felt
Pom Pom Monster Instructions (diy videos available on @calaandivy Instagram)
1. Select which size of Pom Pom monsters you want to make and grab the wooden Pom maker.
2. Hold the Cala and Ivy logo end in your non dominant hand and line up the ends of yarn colors you want in your Pom on the bottom edge of your Pom maker on the double ended side.
3. Begin wrapping your yarn around the whole Pom maker, making sure the fiber stays wrapped tightly.
4. Wrap until your reached the desired size of Pom you want then grab your waxed thread and wrap it around the center of your Pom and tie a tight double knot pulling the fibers in tightly together.
**REMEMBER THE BIGGER YOU WANT YOUR POM THE MORE FIBER YOU NEED 👍🏻**
5. Cut your Pom off the maker but sliding a scissors across the top and bottom edge of the maker. You’ll be able to slide your Pom out of the center of the maker easy peezy.
6. Trim your Pom into the desired shape and accessorize as desired.
7. Using hot glue, attach your arms and legs by gently separating the Pom body and gluing the cotton cord into the center of the Pom.
**HOT GLUE IS EXTREMELY HOT! PLEASE BE CAREFUL AND DO NOT ALLOW CHILDREN UNDER 12 TO DO THIS STEP ALONE.**
8. Let your kids play with your new Pom buddy or display it looking all cute in your home!